NEVADA LEGISLATORS RECEIVE A RATINGS FROM NVFAC
NVFAC awarded A Rating certificates to members of the Nevada 77th Legislature who demonstrated strong support for the right to keep and bear arms as enumerated in the Nevada and United States Constitution.
In appreciation of their support the following legislators were awarded A ratings:
- Paul Anderson
- Richard Carrilllo
- Skip Daily
- Wesley Duncan
- John Ellison
- Michele Fiore
- Tom Grady
- John Hambrick
- Ira Hansen
- Cresent Hardy
- Pat Hickey
- Randy Kirner
- Peter Livermore
- James Ohrenschall
- James Oscarson
- Michael Sprinkle
- Lynn Stewart
- Jim Wheeler
- Melissa Woodbury
- Greg Brower
- Barbara Cegavske
- Pete Goicoechea
- Donald Gustavson
- Scott Hammond
- Joseph Hardy
- Mark Hutchison
- Ben Kieckhefer
- Michael Roberson
- James Settelmeyer
NVFAC-PAC LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES
For 2013 Legislature
Dedicated to defending our 2nd Amendment Rights to the Ownership & Safe Use of Firearms for Self-Defense, Competition, Recreation & Hunting.
NVFAC-PAC will support any firearms legislation where analysis shows an enhancement of personal liberty and significant public benefits.
NVFAC-PAC will oppose any firearms legislation where analysis shows that the public safety benefits are an intrusion into personal liberty.
• Support gun rights legislative gains from 2011 and 2013 sessions.
• Amend NRS 202.254 to eliminate mandatory background checks between private parties. Replace with a free background voluntary background checks between private parties via a phone call system with DPS.
• Sales tax exemption for non-retail sales by gun dealers.
• Early CCW renewal and correction of 60-day CCW requirement for new residents to conform to 120 current wait; new resident permits recognized by NV will be valid until NV CFP issued or denied. Sheriff has 120 days to approve.
• Change current felonious carrying handgun without permit to misdemeanor 1st offense
• Mandatory prosecution and sentencing for prohibited firearms possessors
• Sales tax exemption for gun safes
• Revise NRS to provide comprehensive firearms definition section, including eliminating references to federal codes in NV legal definitions. NV conflicts with Federal code on definitions, and NRS should define firearms.
• Allow the Attorney General to have authority to sue for violations of the Second Amendment
• Constitutional Carry
• Campus Carry
Letter of Support for NRA February 2013
SJR-7 Assembly 3/4/2013
Thank you Letter to Governor Sandoval
Handgun Registration County Commission Testimony 3/30/2013
Letter of Endorsement for John Lee for Mayor NLV 1/28/2013
AB 143 Assembly Judiciary Committee 3/10/2013
AB 142 Senate 3/11/2013
AB 195 Assembly 4/1/2013
AB 195 Senate 5/20/2013
AB 196 Assembly Committee 3/12/2013
AB 232 Position Statement 4/5/2013
AB 234 Assembly Judiciary Committee 3/13/2013
AB 234 Senate 3/13/2013
AB 235 Position Statement
SJR-7 Senate Committee 3/4/2013
Request for Audit – Collins Response
Request for Audit – Reid Response
SB 82 Assembly 3/5/2013
SB 82 Senate 3/5/2013
Letter to Dean Heller 1/30/2013
Letter to Harry Reid 1/30/2013
Request for Donations 2013