NVFAC-PAC will support any firearms legislation where analysis shows an enhancement of personal liberty and significant public benefits. NVFAC-PAC will oppose any firearms legislation where analysis shows that the public safety benefits are an intrusion into personal liberty.
The Nevada Firearms Coalition-PAC was created as the political arm of the Nevada Firearms Coalition. Our mission is to support responsible, pro-gun policies and likeminded political candidates, and we will oppose all efforts to infringe on our 2nd Amendment Rights and candidates who support increased gun control.
- Elected officials who uphold our rights that are enumerated in the Nevada and US Constitutions
- Ownership and safe use of firearms for self-defense, competition, recreation and hunting
- One uniform gun law throughout Nevada
- Eliminating “gun-free” zones that create targets for criminals
- Strengthening self-defense laws like the Castle Doctrine
- Expanding Nevada’s carry laws
- So-called “universal background checks” that lead to gun registration and ultimately confiscation
- Elected and appointed officials who put party or personal gain ahead of the rights of the citizens
- Tax increases on ammunition
- Laws that infringe upon the rights of our veterans or mentally ill seeking help
NVFAC-PAC LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES For 2019 Legislature
Dedicated to defending our 2nd Amendment Rights to the Ownership & Safe Use of Firearms for Self-Defense, Competition, Recreation & Hunting.
NVFAC-PAC will support any firearms legislation where analysis shows an enhancement of personal liberty and significant public benefits.
NVFAC-PAC will oppose any firearms legislation where analysis shows that the public safety benefits are an intrusion into personal liberty.
- Support gun rights legislative gains from 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017 sessions.
- Amend NRS 202.254 to eliminate mandatory background checks between private parties. Replace with a free background voluntary background checks between private parties via a phone call system with DPS.
- Sales tax exemption for non-retail sales by gun dealers.
- Early CCW renewal and correction of 60-day ccw requirement for new residents to conform to 120 current wait; new resident permits recognized by NV will be valid until NV CFP issued or denied. Sheriff has 120 days to approve.
- Change current felonious carrying handgun without permit to misdemeanor 1st offense
- Mandatory prosecution and sentencing for prohibited firearms possessors
- Sales tax exemption for gun safes
- Revise NRS to provide comprehensive firearms definition section, including eliminating references to federal codes in NV legal definitions. NV conflicts with Federal code on definitions, and NRS should define firearms.
- Allow the Attorney General to have authority to sue for violations of the Second Amendment
- Constitutional Carry
- Campus Carry